Are you looking for some delicious honey cookies recipe to try out at home? If you do, you are going to love these recipes here. There are several cookies recipe you might want to try out at home.
Honey belongs to the sugar & sweeteners group. Honey has a pleasing aroma & flavor, perfect for different types of cookies at breakfast & tea time. Cookies with honey are an ideal recipe when you feel like eating something sweet. Another important thing is, honey cookies are healthy for your kids too.
Honey cookie recipes are great with coffee & milk also. They are super soft & chewy. The advantage is these cookies don’t dissolve in the cup & hold the shape even after dipping.
This article will share some fantastic honey cookie recipes that you can try at home and enjoy your leisure time with your family. No more waiting, let’s check out.
Honey Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients – ¼ cup of honey, one egg, three tablespoons of butter, ½ cup of brown sugar, one tablespoon water, ½ tasting salt, ½ cup flour, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, 1 & half cup of rolled oats.
- At first, heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, honey, egg, & water thoroughly.
- Mix dry ingredients into the oats.
- Then, mix those oats with the previous mix again.
- On the cookie sheet, drop the mix with a teaspoon.
- Bake for about 12 – 15 minutes.
- Finally, Cool the cookies & serve.
Nutrition facts – per serving: 136 calories, 19.6g carbs, fat 5.9g, Protein 2g, cholesterol 6.3mg, sodium 24.4mg. (approximately)
Honey Butter Cookies
Ingredients – ½ cup butter, 1/3 cup honey, one egg (large), 1.5 cup flour, one tablespoon baking powder.
- First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use parchment paper or grease paper to line a cookie sheet.
- Use softened butter & honey to a brawl to cream together & then mix egg.
- Add flour slowly to the mixture & mix little by little.
- To the cookie sheet, drop the mixture with a tablespoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes until a nice golden brown color comes to the edge.
- Finally, cool the cookies & enjoy.
Nutrition facts – per serving: 255 calories, 60g carbs, fat 1g, protein 4mg, fiber 1g, sugar 36g, iron 2mg, vitamin C 1mg. (approximately)
Honey Cinnamon Cookies
Ingredients – 2 & half cup whole wheat flour, two teaspoon baking soda, 1 & half teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¾ cup extra virgin coconut oil & sugar, one egg, ¼ cup of raw honey, ½ vanilla extract, one teaspoon nutmeg powder.
- First, mix flour, soda, cinnamon, salt & nutmeg in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix coconut oil (softened), sugar, egg, vanilla & honey.
- Add dry ingredients into the mixture & beat it till combined.
- Do the Plastic wrapping the bowl & refrigerate it for 30-60 min.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit & link baking sheets paper.
- Roll the mixture using a tablespoon, size of walnut & put it on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Finally, cool the cookies & ready to serve.
Nutrition facts – per serving: 131 calories, 16g carbs, 7g fat, protein 1g, cholesterol 6mg, sugar 6g, fiber 1g, calcium 7mg. (approximately)
Healthy Honey Cookies
Ingredients – 1/3 cup of honey, ¼ cup almond butter, one egg, one teaspoon vanilla, two tablespoon coconut oil, 1 cup almond flour, ¼ cup coconut flour, ½ baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt.
- First, mix almond flour, baking soda, coconut flour & salt into a bowl.
- Keep beating it until it forms a dough.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes until it hardens up.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a baking sheet, scoop cookies with a tablespoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Finally, cool the cookies & enjoy.
Nutrition facts – per serving: 150 calories on a 2000 calories diet. (approximately)
Crispy Honey Cookies
Ingredients – 4 eggs, ½ cup of honey, 1 cup sugar, ½ cup oil, 4 & half cup flour, one vanilla sugar, a pinch of cinnamon, one teaspoon baking soda.
- At first, in a bowl mix eggs, honey, sugar, oil, flour & cinnamon with baking soda.
- Keep beating it until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Refrigerate it overnight for hardening.
- Form into small balls with hands.
- Use baking paper or greased paper for baking the cookie mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, cool the cookies & it’s ready to serve.
Nutrition facts – Unavailable.
Greek Honey Cookies Recipe
For the Cookies – ¾ cup of sugar, ¾ cup of orange juice, 1 cup olive oil, one orange zest, 1 cup vegetable oil, 6 ½ cups flour, two teaspoons baking soda, one teaspoon baking powder.
For the Syrup – 1 cup honey, 1.5 cup of water, one cinnamon stick, 1 cup sugar, four cloves, 2 inches lemon rind & few squeezes of lemon juice.
For the cookies –
- Firstly, warm up the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix orange zest & sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix the oil into the bowl with the previous mixture & beat it until well combined.
- Mix the flour with baking powder & soda. Add the liquid little by little into the flour until foams come.
- Make a walnut size of a piece & shape it with your hands, then place in the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cookies are finally ready to serve after cooldown.
For the Syrup –
- Combine honey, sugar, cinnamon, water, lemon peel & cloves in the kitchen pen & boil it.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 min until the Syrup has thickened a little.
- Take out the lemon peel, cloves & cinnamon from the Syrup.
Nutrition facts – per serve: 132 calories, 26g carbs, fat 2g, sugar 23g, Protein 2g, calcium 15g. (Approximately)
Some Tips for baking with honey
Different types of honey give a different flavor
Honey sometimes works as a substitute for sugar in baking. Darker honey has a different taste than lighter honey. Before adding honey to make cookies make sure which honey you are going to use as an ingredient.
Reduce Temperature from overcooking
Honey bakes faster even at a low temperature than sugar. Usually, the difference is 25 degrees lower than sugar when baking cookies or other recipes.
Sugar vs honey quantity In baking
Honey gives the same amount of sweetening as sugar. So, no concern for over-sweetened. One noteworthy mention is – add ½ teaspoon baking soda for using honey to neutralize acidity when baking anything.
Honey is liquid
Honey contains moisturizer properties that sugar doesn’t. When using liquid honey in baking, remember to use low usage of water for every cup of honey used. Usually, ¼ cup of liquid subtract is enough.
We hope you got some great honey cookies recipe here & will try it at home. Honey in cookies gives a good alter taste of sugar & cookies become delicious for this reason. Most of the honey cookies recipes are healthy baking. Good luck with your cookies baking with honey.
F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What does honey do to cookies?
Ans – Honey adds a unique flavor to the cookies, making cookies yummy taste & making it healthier than sugar made baking.
- What can I bake with honey?
Ans – You can bake a lot of good recipes, especially cookies with honey. Some other options are bread, cakes, muffins, pies, etc.
- Does honey make cookies chewy?
Ans – Yes, honey makes cookies chewy but not always. It depends on other ingredients too. Some Soft honey cookie recipes are also available.