We all know baking soda as a kitchen ingredient for a long time, usually used in making yummy desserts & fluffy biscuits. This kitchen multi-tasker has become a quite popular day by day because of its excellent benefits in the skincare & health department.
Baking soda has impressive cleansing & exfoliating properties. It can help eliminate body odor to banish acne, natural face whitening to fight cancer & many other benefits. And when used with natural sweetener Honey, it becomes a more & more solution to several health-related problems.
This article will discuss everything about baking soda and Honey, including the benefits, usage, how to make proper use of it, advantages of using scrap & whatnot. Let’s check out to know more!
Benefits of Baking Soda and Honey
Natural remedies are getting interestingly useful & popular nowadays. From boosting immunity to treating infections, Honey & baking soda have contributions. Some of the main benefits those two ingredients offer are given below –
- Improves digestion naturally
Baking soda can help relieve gas & helps to digest fatty foods more efficiently. Also, Honey has anti-inflammatory properties. As a result, the combination of those can be a natural remedy for digestion improvement.
- Relieves Gastric-Acidity naturally
Gastric creates Brun in the throat or abdomen from the stomach. Baking soda has Sodium bicarbonate properties that bring down inflammation & neutralizes the stomach acid.
- Antiseptic properties
Honey is a natural remedy for virus infections, fungal & bacterial infections since ancient times. Baking soda is an excellent mild abrasive that removes surface stains from the teeth and makes them appear whiter.
- Potential Cancer Fighter
Baking soda creates a protective barrier in the kidneys to throw off bacterias. Baking soda neutralizes the sweetness of Honey. As a result, cancer cells couldn’t use them to grow. Baking soda mixing with Honey creates a powerful health booster that has the potentiality of fighting cancer cells.
As mentioned earlier, baking soda with Honey offers many health-related benefits for us. But the truth is – this combination shines in the Beauty section. There is such a vast usage of those two in beauty-related areas like baking soda for face whitening & so on. Take a look!
Baking Soda and Honey for Whitening
Baking Soda’s exfoliant properties help remove the skin’s dead cells and don’t cause any irritation, naturally allowing new cell reproduction. Meanwhile, Honey protects the skin from sunburn, moisturizes the skin & fights against bacterias.
Combining those two helps increase the skin tone, further gives a glow to the skin.
How to use it?
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda & 2 tablespoons of Honey.
- Mix these two in a bowl & make a paste of it.
- Apply this paste into the skin & wait for 10 minutes.
- After that, rinse with clean water.
- Once or twice a week, repeat this remedy.
This face mask will remove excess oil from the skin & remove dead cells. Also, it will restore healthy skin by repairing damaged skin. As a result, the skin will brighten over time.
Baking Soda and Honey for Acne
Depending on skin type, baking soda can help to minimize acne problems. As we know, baking soda has drying properties that help reduce inflammation & shrink the zit. It also removes excess oil & dries out blemishes & pimples. Combining with honey will help them heal faster.
For those having oily skin with acne problems, try out this facial mask for a good result.
How to use it?
- One tablespoon of baking soda & 1 tablespoon of organic honey is all you need.
- Now, mix those two ingredients into a bowl.
- Apply this paste into the acne infected area or full face.
- Take a washcloth and wet it into warm water.
- Wring the washcloth & place it on the face for five minutes.
- Wipe the applied face mask with the washcloth after some time passed.
- After that, rinse the face with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times per week.
This face mask will bind moisture into the skin & give you clear & fresh skin every time.
Baking Soda and Honey Scrub
Baking soda with honey makes an excellent natural remedy for many skin problems, including hair issues too. Making scrub from these two ingredients will help remove dark spots, patches & dullness also. This affordable, easy to use scrub has a lot of potentials.
How to make it?
- First, take one tablespoon of raw honey and ½ tablespoon of baking soda as ingredients.
- Put honey & soda in the palm of your hands, rub palms together for some seconds to mix the honey with baking soda & warm it up.
- Gently apply the mix to your dry face & massage the mixture into your face in a circular motion for about a minute.
- Now it becomes a face mask; leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash the face a few times (preferable warm water) & wipe off the mask with a wet washcloth.
- To restore the skin’s pH level & toning face, apply apple cider vinegar (extra step).
This scrub from baking soda & honey removes dead cells from face skin and is excellent for acne prevention, glowing skin & slowing down the aging process.
Baking Soda Lemon and Honey Drink
Baking soda has several health benefits alongside use in the kitchen for making cookies. It neutralizes the pH substances & known as a pH buffer. To get it short – it’s a natural energy booster & replacer of electrolyte. It boosts physical energy to go harder when you feel tired.
How to make baking soda lemon and honey drink
- Ingredients list – ¼ teaspoons of baking soda, ½ cup lemon juice, ¼ cup raw honey, 7 cups of coconut water, ½ teaspoon of sea salt.
- First, heat the coconut water on low heat, then pour baking soda into it until dissolved.
- Next, add lemon juice, raw honey, and sea salt to it.
- Take a glass jar and pour the mixture into it.
- It’s ready to drink; shake well before drinking.
- This drink will remain in good condition for a week in the refrigerator.
This drink is beneficial for those who do exercise a lot. As we know, exercises for an extended period will create fatigue & muscle pain. This drink will neutralize lactic acid, which builds up in the body because of extensive exercises.
We want to talk more about baking soda and honey because it has more usefulness then you might think. Baking soda acts as a natural fighter of cancer cells too. The alkaline property of baking soda kills the cancer microbe or reverts it to hibernation form.
This mixture also offers treatment of cardiovascular diseases, immune disorders, and rheumatoid arthritis. It also boosts brain function by reducing oxidative stress on the body. Increases the metabolism of the body & provides more energy than before.
Some other beauty-related benefits of this mixture are –
- Hair Care – offers cleaner & smooth hair.
- Nail Care – soften up the cuticles & clean the nails.
- Body Odor – removes foul body odors.
- Rough Skin Care – smooths elbows, knees & other body areas.
- Foot Care – lighten up & soothes feet.
Baking Soda and honey is a valuable natural combination of different kinds of benefits for us. This kitchen ingredient deserves more attention because of its vast usefulness. However, this magical ingredient has some potential side effects like skin irritation or bloating, or sometimes stomach upset.
Using baking soda with another natural ingredient like honey will dilute its harshness and reduce the chances of side effects kicking. For using baking soda in the long-term, we suggest consulting with your dermatologist first.
However, baking soda combined with honey only brings advantages & benefits to our skins & health. Personally, I don’t see any disadvantages of using this combo, so good luck with using it.
Highly Discussed FAQ
- Does baking soda react with honey?
Ans – Yes! Baking soda reacts with honey because honey acts as an acid in the baked items. It will make the cookies rise because of the reaction with baking soda. Add an additional ½ teaspoon of baking soda against every honey cup while cooking because of this reaction.
- Is it safe to drink baking soda daily?
Ans – No, it’s not entirely safe. Drinking baking soda daily might raise the sodium level of blood & give pressure on the kidneys. However, baking soda contains alkaline & helps for optimal digestion, healthy bowel functioning & minimizing acid reflux.
- Can baking soda remove dark spots?
Ans – Yes! Baking soda can remove dark spots by discoursing hyperpigmentation on the skin. It helps to fade away acne scars, dark spots & pigmentation. Baking soda absorbs excess oil from the skin that dries out dark spots & makes them fade away.
- How often should I use baking soda on my face?
Ans – How often should you use baking soda depends on your skin type. As baking soda is a dehydrator & abrasive, it’s wise to use it once a month. Using baking soda with other natural ingredients is recommended, especially honey.